This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Do input adapters get initialized automatically when a measurement key is added to inputMeasurementKeys of an adapter?

May 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM

When client or an adapter downstream makes a request for a measurement by adding the measurement keys to it's connection string's inputMeasurementKeys, does the time series framework automatically initialize /stand up the input adapter that provides this measurement?

May 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Not yet - but this a very powerful feature which we intend on adding to the framework very soon...

Basically an optional "instantiate on demand" functionality for IMeasurement providers (i.e., input and action adapters).

This would be a reverse process to the recent routing optimizations.

Thanks!
Ritchie

May 31, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Thanks Ritchie! Is this something we can write on top of the framework as custom code? I understand that when we add subscriptions in datapublisher, we need to check the routing tree to find the input adapters for the newly requested measurements and if these input adapters are not initialized, we need to initialize them. And the same needs to be done for any action adapters that input/output these measurements. For calc points, we need to also initialize the input measurements that are used to calculate these calc points. Is this understanding correct? It would be very nice to have this feature built in the framework. But if we were to implement this feature as a custom adapter, can you please provide recommendations for the flow of this adapter/reading the routing tree?

Thanks,

Uma

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:23 PM
To: Uma Nagarajan
Subject: Re: Do input adapters get initialized automatically when a measurement key is added to inputMeasureme... [TimeSeriesFramework:258855]

Not yet - but this a very powerful feature which we intend on adding to the framework very soon...

Basically an optional "instantiate on demand" functionality for IMeasurement providers (i.e., input and action adapters).

This would be a reverse process to the recent routing optimizations.

Thanks!
Ritchie